Ezekiel 4:9 has some incredible products. Their breads, as I love to talk about, are amazing. Their penne pasta is also quite lovely. Each serving of pasta has 9 grams of complete plant protein, derived from “Organic Sprouted Whole Grain Wheat, Organic Sprouted Whole Grain Barley, Organic Sprouted Whole Grain Millet, Organic Sprouted Whole Lentils, Organic Sprouted Whole Soybeans, Organic Sprouted Whole Grain Spelt.”
That is the entire ingredients list, if you were wondering. Six ingredients. All plants. All sprouted. Made into a hearty, tasty pasta. Yum.
Vegan Summer Pasta Dish
1/2 box Ezekiel 4:9 sprouted penne pasta
1 large red tomato, diced
1/2 large yellow heirloom tomato, diced
4 baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
1/3 small yellow sweet onion, diced
1 clove of garlic, crushed & finely diced
1 tsp italian spices (or fresh oregano, basil, thyme, marjoram)
A few fresh basil leaves, chopped
s & p to taste
- Boil water for pasta, cook pasta, drain & set aside.
- Sauté onions with water until soft. Add in mushrooms and garlic. Cover with a lid for 3 minutes, or until mushrooms have shrunk.
- Add tomatoes and italian spices to the pan and blend flavors on low heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Mix sauce well before pouring over pasta.
- Top with chopped basil, s & p
- Enjoy 🙂